Ginger, or warming weight loss!
Text verified by a dietician Aleksandra Dziura M.Sc.
Ginger has been known for many years as an agent with many medicinal properties. For this reason, for centuries it has been used in the treatment of various ailments. It comes in different varieties and has gained its popularity also due to its unique taste.
Ginger and its unique formula
Ginger root owes its healing properties to such nutrients as carbohydrates, vitamins: C, A, B1, B2, folic acid and minerals, as well as thanks to its characteristic polyphenyl compounds: shogaol, zingiberol, gingerol and zinferol.
Read also: Fat Burners Ranking
Ginger – Application
Introducing ginger into our diet can be very valuable. It will speed up metabolic processes, which has a positive effect on fat burning. It also shows activity:
- Warming –so it will be great as an addition to coffee or tea during cold weather.
- Antibacterial– great for various infections;
- Anti-inflammatory– soothes viral and bacterial symptoms, improves blood circulation;
- Antioxidant– reduces the risk of cancer thanks to antioxidants which fight free radicals that cause tumors, mutations and cell aging.
- Diastolic–it will seamlessly deal with menstrual pain, which is very beneficial for women.
- Concentration-boosting– increases mental performance.
- Aidsthe digestive system– it helps fight some digestive ailments, especially nausea and heartburn;
- Stabilizing cholesterol levels;
- Anticoagulant – protects against the risk of life-threatening blood clots;
- Stimulatesblood circulation;
- Supports weight loss – increases the effectiveness ofweight loss and obesity treatment;
- Analgesic –for this reason it is recommended for people suffering from arthritis and joint pain. It is increasingly added as an ingredient to ointments and painkillers, but you can buy it and apply it alone to sore parts of the body, including aching backs. It will also help with constant and persistent migraines.
- Disinfecting –that is why pickled ginger is often served with sushi sets. Its purpose in this case is to disinfect from bacteria that may be found in raw fish.
- Relieving bloating and constipation.
- Potency enhancing– it is an aphrodisiac. For this reason, it is recommended for married couples and couples who plan to have offspring in the near future, as well as for elderly men.
Ginger – how to use it?
- Ginger is very popular as a seasoning for various soups and meats, as well as an ingredient in warming teas. Such an infusion with the addition of ginger will cope well with colds, flu or infections. To neutralize its sharp taste, you can add a bit of birch sugar or honey, which will further emphasize its healing properties.
- In the form of ginger juice it is added to mulled wine and beer. An opportunity to taste such decoctions can be had usually in the winter in the mountains or prepared by yourself.
- For a cold we can use home remedies, including ginger. Raw can be peeled, cut into slices and put under the tongue. Suck until its antiseptic effect subsides, then throw it away and take another slice. It is a great alternative to fight throat and upper respiratory tract infections.
- If you do not mind its sharp and very intense taste or smell, you can do the same with candied ginger. It is a bit milder, dried and sweet, so it is recommended especially for children, who are sensitive to this type of home remedies for infections, because of its specific taste and smell. It is already largely processed, so it has lost many of its natural properties. Therefore, raw ginger is the most effective, and dried ginger can work best as a healthy snack.
- It appears as an ingredient in many juices, cakes, pears, apples and other fruits. At the same time, it enhances their flavor especially in autumn and winter.
- It is an ideal option for those wishing to loseexcess weight. Therefore, it is worth considering including it in your slimming therapy.
- Ginger and ingredients contained in it have an effect of stabilising leptin levels, i.e. the hormone responsible for the feeling of satiety, thus regular use may contribute to a gradual weight loss. For this reason, people who take care of their figure and health, and use ginger as a dietary supplement, have much less desire to snack between meals, and their appetite decreases. This is very helpful for those who are currently on a weight loss diet.
Also read: Best weight loss pills