Revalid – opinions about the treatment lasting several weeks
Most of the men you pass on the street every day, who notice their hair loss treat it as something completely natural, a process that comes with age and is one of the symptoms of aging. There are men who have fully accepted baldness and even made it an asset. However, there is also another group, those who constantly try to mask it, often with extremely unaesthetic comb-overs. Fortunately, I belong to the third group, which has decided to deal with the problem by using remedies that prevent hair loss and accelerate hair growth. They are widely available in various forms, from hair rubs, through shampoos to tablets such as Revalid, designed to treat baldness in both men and women. It’s important to know that hair loss also happens to the fairer sex, although for completely different reasons.
Hair loss in men and women – the main causes
There’s no denying that the balding process mainly affects men, so I’ll first outline why it happens to them. As I have already mentioned, in most cases it is a natural phenomenon, and every day we lose about 100 hairs out of 100 – 150 thousand that we have on our head. This amount is completely normal and acceptable, and the problem begins when hair starts to come out in larger amounts, sometimes by the handful. In such a situation there is no need to delay, but immediately seek professional help of a specialist, and I myself use the services of a professional and reputable a trichologist. His knowledge about hair and scalp made him find the reasons of my accelerated balding very fast, helped to stop it effectively and regain my old hairstyle. There are many reasons for this, some such as hygienic negligence are due to our fault and other factors that cause thinning hair include:
- Diet, a word that is hated by most men, but also women, who do not care about what they eat, although intemperance ends up in overweight or obesity. However, the foods we stuff our stomachs with also have a direct impact on the appearance and health of our hair, causing it to weaken and fall out. It is imperative that your diet contains plenty of vitamins, especially B vitamins, vitamin A, vitamin C and minerals such as zinc and silicon. You should also not exaggerate with the amount of stimulants, and I do not mean coffee, although it can be replaced for example with healthier green tea or yerba mate. Alcohol and cigarettes are the enemy not only of hair but also of our health and it’s best to eliminate them completely;
- stressSometimes an inseparable companion at work and in professional life. I know that it is difficult to avoid situations in which it appears, but let’s remember that excessive nervousness is unfortunately a direct route to baldness;
- genetic disposition, i.e. hereditary and if we see that our father or grandfather lose their hair quickly, we have a good chance that this will also happen to us;
- chronic diseases, and many of them are manifested by increased hair loss, such as lupus erythematosus, or thyroid diseases, most often its hyperfunction. A similar effect has diseases directly affecting the scalp, especially ringworm, or alopecia areata, itself an autoimmune disease.
- Medications, especially those used for the aforementioned ailments, therefore, should be carefully read the accompanying leaflet and, if necessary, consulted with a physician with regard to possible hair loss. Among others, antidepressants, anti-inflammatory drugs, some antibiotics or antifungal drugs may cause hair loss;
- Hormonal disorders causing androgenic alopecia, mainly concerning the amount of secreted testosterone, the most important male hormone. In some situations it is converted into DHT, i.e. dihydrotestosterone, a form which is a serious threat to hair follicles, often causing their irreversible destruction. In women, on the other hand, we may have to deal with hormonal disorders associated with menopause, which also adversely affect the condition of hair;
- improper care, especially using hair straighteners and frequent blow-drying, that is, treating hair with very high temperatures causing not only drying, but also weakening, and in many cases even the destruction of the hair structure.
Revalid – composed of natural active substances
The above-mentioned causes of hair loss make us aware that it is worth taking care of our hair at every stage of life, washing them with properly selected cosmetics and providing them with an adequate amount of nutrients with food. However, it is not always that easy and there are constantly some deficiencies causing baldness, so they should be supplemented with dietary supplements such as Revalid. When I bought these capsules in order to strengthen my weakened hair, I paid attention to their composition, at the same time following the opinions of my friends who had already used it. Admittedly, they were not unambiguously positive, I can say that they even varied, but I was encouraged to make a purchase by the selection of active ingredients. I am an advocate of ecological solutions and Revalid contains the following substances of natural origin:
- extract from common millet, an annual cereal with many valuable healing properties. This is due to its composition, especially B vitamins, which promote healthy hair, B5, i.e. pantothenic acid, which effectively stops balding and strengthens hair follicles. In millet we can also find vitamin B6, pyridoxine strengthening the immunity and accelerating the growth of new hair and vitamin B12, the lack of which causes their rapid greasing and consequently dandruff. Millet also contains sulphur amino acids that are part of keratin, the building material of hair;
- brewer’s yeast extract, another source giving your hair the much needed dose of vitamins and minerals necessary to stop hair loss and fast growth. They are obtained in the process of barley fermentation and contain such nutrients as vitamin B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), folic acid, minerals: zinc reducing excessive sebum secretion and stimulating cell division, iron providing energy necessary for this process and copper responsible for the production of keratin and natural hair colour.
Revalid is a treatment that did not live up to my expectations.
Unlike many other products designed to prevent excessive hair loss and accelerate hair growth, the dosage of Revalid recommended by the manufacturer is 3 tablets a day. Remembering about it, especially in the middle of a busy day is a bit inconvenient, but since it is necessary, I had no choice and entered a reminder in my phone. The package of 90 tablets I bought for a trial lasted for a month and during that time I observed their effect on my hair. The most important thing was that, in contrast to previous products, I did not experience any side effects, although I would not call the action of this supplement sensational. In the temple area and on the forehead line quite a few new hairs appeared, so called baby hair, but they were too delicate and fragile. Gradually, their structure strengthened, but in my opinion, it lasted too slowly, and I expect concrete and, most importantly, fast results and I don’t have time to wait indefinitely for my hair to start growing back. It seems to me that the action and effectiveness of Revalid depends on the specific body and therefore I can not give it an unequivocally negative rating.
A bit disappointed and still balding, I started looking for another product and found it by browsing the ranking of the best pills against baldness. The supplements described there are characterized not only by high effectiveness and safety of use, but also by their natural composition. You will find in them substances that promote the health of hair and scalp, such as:
Common nettle extract (Urtica dioica)
A plant which commonly grows in gardens or on meadows and is removed from them as a weed. However, medicine has come to appreciate its medicinal properties, including those that promote healthy and strong hair, a composition full of everything it needs. Nettle can be safely considered a real vitamin and mineral bomb having in its composition the following nutrients:
- Vitamin B1, regulating sebum secretion, preventing greasy hair and scalp, effective in the treatment of seborrheic alopecia, also preventing acne.
- Vitamin B2, like its predecessor, stops hair loss regardless of the cause, restores lost vitality and protects hair against external factors;
- vitamin B5, characterized by the widest action to support the hair, stimulating their matrix to more intensive growth, participating in the production of keratin, providing nutrients, moisturizing hair throughout their length, as well as affecting the scalp;
- vitamin A, responsible for the condition of hair matrix cells, preventing its drying, protecting against hair brittleness and fragility, ending with their loss in large quantities;
- vitamin C, whose main task is to remove free radicals from the body that also threaten hair and participation in the production of collagen, giving them a high resistance to any damage, especially mechanical;
- minerals, iron, potassium, zinc, phosphorus and large amounts of silicon.
Horsetail extract (Equisetum arvense)
This extract is another factor contributing to stopping baldness and making new hair grow at the rate I expected, free from dandruff and strong as never before. Silicon is mainly responsible for this, thanks to which the hair stops brittleness, does not have split ends and becomes resilient. The action of silicon is supported by a whole range of vitamins, A, B, C, minerals, potassium, cobalt phosphorus, calcium, aluminium, magnesium and flavonoids and organic acids, malic, ascorbic, oxalic and silicic.
This is another, often used name for vitamin H or vitamin B7, which is essential for the health of the entire body, not only for hair, so you should always take care to maintain its proper level. Biotin regulates the work of sebaceous glands, protecting hair and skin against seborrhoea, which is also responsible for baldness, sulphur contained in it is necessary for the production of keratin, it also takes part in the synthesis of ascorbic acid, i.e. vitamin C. It also has a positive effect on nails, which became strong and unbreakable, and also reduced acne lesions. As it has a positive effect on scalp metabolism, it creates an ideal environment for hair follicles to develop properly and its deficiencies result in uncontrolled hair loss.