Mesotherapy of hair – opinions, effects and procedure course
When one day, standing in front of the mirror, we notice that our hair begins to fall out in large quantities, our first reaction to this phenomenon is usually panic. However, it is worth keeping calm in such a situation, which will help not only to correctly identify the causes of this accelerated baldness, but above all to find an effective method of prevention. Fortunately, there are many of them, ranging from properly selected cosmetics, through hair loss pills to more invasive treatments. In extreme cases, it may even be a surgical hair transplant, but in most cases, needle mesotherapy of the scalp is enough to stop the process of hair loss.
- 1 Why does hair suddenly start to fall out?
- 2 Needle mesotherapy of the scalp – what is this treatment
- 3 Needle mesotherapy of the scalp – indications for the procedure
- 4 Needle mesotherapy of the scalp – contraindications for its performance
- 5 Needle mesotherapy of the scalp – the most commonly used active substances
- 6 Needle mesotherapy of the scalp – preparation for the procedure and its course
- 7 Needle mesotherapy of the scalp – summary of results
Why does hair suddenly start to fall out?
However, before we present in more detail what the procedure of needle mesotherapy is about and what beneficial effects it gives, we should first learn more about the causes of excessive, rapid hair loss. It is possible to diagnose them yourself, although it is better to turn to a specialist, a dermatologist or a professional trychologist . However, if you notice a significant thinning of your hair, you should consider whether it might be caused by such reasons as:
Mistakes in daily hair and scalp care
One of the most common causes of hair loss, of which we are most often guilty, by neglecting daily hair and scalp care or improperly choosing suitable cosmetics for this purpose. We use shampoos and conditioners full of harmful substances, carcinogenic parabens, silicones that overload hair and SLS, chemical compounds that may cause inflammation of hair follicles.
In addition, there is the overuse of hair dryers, curling irons and straighteners, tying your hair up too tightly and pulling it down with a rubber band or washing it in too hot water. The effects of such neglect can be seen very quickly, the hair bulbs and hair follicles are weakened, and the hair itself becomes dull, fragile, brittle and begins to fall out.
Poorly composed diet poor in nutrients
What we eat is not only responsible for possibly stopping the development of overweight or obesity but also for the health of our hair and scalp. Just like the rest of the body, the hair and scalp need adequate amounts of nutrients, vitamins and minerals, which unfortunately are often missing from our daily diet.
In order to stop the balding process and to create a favourable environment for the growth of new, stronger hair, it is worth giving up eating unhealthy and fattening foods. Instead of fast food or highly processed food you should eat products full of beneficial ingredients:
- Vitamin A, which counteracts the very brittleness and fragility of hair;
- B vitamins, which are responsible for, among other things, preventing oily scalp by regulating the sebaceous glands, preventing greying and maintaining the natural colour of hair, the most important of which is vitamin B7, i.e. biotin
- vitamin C, which participates in the production of collagen, one of the building materials of hair, a strong antioxidant removing pathogenic free radicals from the body
- Vitamin E, which prevents split ends;
- minerals, especially zinc and silicon, without which it is impossible to stop balding, inhibit the natural aging processes of the skin, correct synthesis of keratin and collagen and hair resistance to weather conditions and mechanical damage.
Coexisting diseases, often remaining undetected
Disease states developing in the body, often remaining undetected until the onset of clear symptoms, and in case of many of them it is excessive and accelerated hair loss. This is caused by such diseases as hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism, Hashimoto disease, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract as well as the heart and circulatory system. One should also watch out for stress, which causes real havoc in the body, also manifested by weakening of hair and hair loss as well as cancer, among others skin cancer.
Other skin diseases, bacterial and fungal infections and hormonal disorders are also responsible for baldness. In the case of the latter, we are most often dealing with the conversion of testosterone, a sex hormone, into its harmful variant, dihydrotestosterone, called DHT for short. Excess DHT leads to damage and even irreversible destruction of hair follicles, becoming among others the cause of the development of androgenetic alopecia.
Needle mesotherapy of the scalp – what is this treatment
Now that the causes of hair loss have been diagnosed, it’s time to find out what exactly needle mesotherapy of the scalp is, why it is so popular and what specific benefits it brings. This term is one of the most effective treatments to prevent not only baldness, but also various skin diseases, not only of the head.
Needle mesotherapy treatment is included in the so-called aesthetic medicine and it is performed in such offices. It consists in injecting the affected areas, in this case hairless, with therapeutic and hair growth promoting substances, which are individually selected for each patient after conducting appropriate tests.
Needle mesotherapy of the scalp – indications for the procedure
Mesotherapy, carried out in clinics of aesthetic medicine, is recommended to all patients whose problem is excessive, difficult to control hair loss of various causes, androgenic, plaque , telogen or seborrheic. It is most often decided by people expecting fast effects of the treatment and having hair with a weakened structure, prone to crumbling and breaking.
It is therefore necessary to strengthen their condition and the best way to do this is needle mesotherapy treatment that provides the scalp with active substances necessary not only to stop balding, but also to create an environment friendly for new hair growth. These are primarily the above-mentioned vitamins and minerals, supported by doses of hyaluronic acid to smooth fine lines.
Needle mesotherapy of the scalp – contraindications for its performance
As with many other methods of hair loss prevention, also in the case of needle mesotherapy there are certain contraindications to its use. This is decided by a specialist who qualifies the patient on the basis of examination and diagnosed type of disease. Mesotherapy is not recommendedfor
- people under 16 years of age;
- Pregnant, breast-feeding and menstruating women;
- patients suffering from cancer, hepatitis, epilepsy, epilepsy and diabetes;
- in case of allergy to any of the active substances used during the treatment;
- while taking certain medications, especially anticoagulants;
- people with severe blood clotting disorders that may hinder wound healing, which is regulated by the use of drugs listed in the previous section;
- in case of acute inflammatory conditions and skin infections of viral or bacterial origin such as herpes or acne ;
- in case of predisposition to the formation of skin discoloration and visible scars.
Mesotherapy treatment can also cause some side effects, quite inconvenient, but usually disappearing spontaneously after a few days and these can be
- redness and swelling of the scalp;
- small bruises and scabs appearing at the place of needle insertion.
SEE THE RANKING OF TABLETS AGAINST HAIR LOSS
Needle mesotherapy of the scalp – the most commonly used active substances
The basic substance injected under the skin during mesotherapy is a “cocktail” of the above mentioned vitamins, hyaluronic acid, enriched with coenzymes e.g. Q10, nucleic acids and amino acids beneficial for hair. Application of this pro-health mixture is aimed at housing the damaged hair structure, strengthening it, nourishing the entire length and stimulating rapid growth. For full effects, the treatment should be repeated several times, maintaining intervals of 2 – 3 weeks .
However, such vitamin-mineral mixtures are not the only substances used in mesotherapy, and even better results can be obtained by using:
Called in short PRP, a preparation obtained from centrifuged blood of the patient, and as a result of this process the number of platelets increases in comparison with natural plasma by as much as 2 to 9 times. Platelets, or thrombocytes, are essential for skin cells, accelerating their regeneration and multiplication. They also improve blood supply to the skin and thus also its oxygenation, stimulate hair follicles, thus creating an ideal environment for the growth of stronger and thicker hair.
Platelet rich plasma mesotherapy treatment works not only in treating baldness but also in reducing wrinkles of the face, neck or cleavage. Its disadvantage is the necessity of repeating the treatments on average every 2 – 3 months, which depends on the age of the patient, and pain accompanying the injection of plasma under the skin.
Not only obtained from blood, but also from the patient’s adipose tissue, usually taken from the side of the knees. Stem cells are a specific type of cells characterised by many valuable properties:
- the ability to divide;
- rapid regeneration;
- easy adaptation to the type of tissues in which they are located, which allows them to replace the cells dying in them, including skin cells;
- activation of synthesis of the two most important building materials of hair, keratin and collagen;
- improving the multiplication of differentiated cells.
Stem cell mesotherapy procedure can be performed only by a doctor, also after a thorough medical consultation of the patient. The often stressed advantage of this method is the necessity to perform only one treatment and this already allows to intensify the process of new hair growth while reducing the risk of any complications.
Needle mesotherapy of the scalp – preparation for the procedure and its course
As I mentioned earlier, the treatment requires adequate preparation of the patient, no self-respecting clinic of aesthetic medicine will perform it to a person who enters the office “straight from the street”. The doctor carries out a thorough interview with the patient in terms of possible contraindications that I mentioned above, and the patient, with a view to his safety, should inform him about his medical conditions.
If the doctor has no objections, he begins the procedure by cleansing the scalp, spreading on it a special peeling agent, which not only disinfects it, but also cleanses the mouths of the hair follicles. This allows the skin to better absorb the active ingredients that will be injected under it. The skin is punctured only 2 – 3 mm, and the marks that remain afterwards, resemble small insect bites or bruises and heal practically without a trace within a few days.
Pain after the procedure can be reduced by lubricating the injection sites with an analgesic ointment, but it is necessary to check beforehand that its components do not irritate the epidermis. Until the needle marks have fully healed you must not dye your hair or use irritating cosmetics for its daily care. You should also not sunbathe for at least 48 hours, both in the sun and in a solarium, you should also limit the use of swimming pools and do not overdo it with alcohol, which can interfere with the healing process.
Needle mesotherapy of the scalp – summary of results
The first positive effects of needle mesotherapy are visible after 2 weeks after the first treatment:
- hair become stronger, more resistant to mechanical damage and those caused by changing weather conditions;
- Active ingredients nourish and thoroughly moisturize hair along its entire length;
- Hair follicles and bulbs are revitalized;
- Improves blood supply to the scalp;
- hair stops falling out and new, healthy and thicker hair grows back quickly.