Mangosteen (mangosteen) – a tropical source of health and vitality
Mangosteen (mangosteen) should attract the attention of every person striving for a perfect body shape. There is no doubt that a healthy diet, which at the same time brings about slimming effects, should also include a lot of fruit – the richest source of vitamins, dietary fiber and other valuable nutrients. Fruits are great in giving us vitality and energy, they positively influence our physical condition and mental well-being, they improve the condition of our skin and hair. They also improve our natural immunity, improve digestive processes, help to cope better with colds and flu. Certainly fruit should be an important part of the daily menu and should be included in almost every meal.
Most often we reach for native species of fruit, but exotic ones, such as mangosteen, which is gaining enormous popularity, will give us just as much benefit. It is one of the fruits that are endowed with properties stimulating reduction of fat tissue.
- 1 Fruits as a secret weapon against excessive kilograms
- 2 Mangosteen – a little known fruit, but extremely valuable.
- 3 Mangosteen – its origin and characteristics
- 4 Mangosteen – composition. A wealth of health-promoting substances
- 5 Mangosteen – health properties
- 6 Mangosteen – how to eat this fruit?
- 7 Mangosteen for weight loss
- 8 Mangosteen – opinions. How does this tropical fruit work in supporting weight loss?
Fruits as a secret weapon against excessive kilograms
Surely every slimming person has encountered the opinion that fruit, due to its high content of monosaccharides, is dangerous for the figure and should be avoided especially during weight loss. However it is not true, or at least not completely.
Perhaps if someone consumed fruits in very large quantities or liked to consume only the most calorie-dense fruits containing the most carbohydrates (such as dates, figs, ripe bananas, grapes, pomegranates), they would indeed be a threat to the figure and could block the weight loss process or even promote weight gain. But in any other case, i.e. when we consume fruits “with our head”, in normal quantities (even more so if we use mainly fruits with medium and low sugar content), they are completely safe for our figure, and what’s more, they can actively stimulate fat burning!
The slimming properties of fruits are due to their precious composition. They are rich in dietary fibre, as well as organic acids, numerous enzymes, amino acids, minerals, vitamins, flavonoids, i.e. all elements which are extremely useful in the process of reducing fat body mass.
Thanks to the abundant range of bio-substances, the fruits support weight loss in the following way:
- they speed up metabolism,
- improve digestive system function, stimulate fat metabolism,
- reduce the level of body fat,
- regulate carbohydrate metabolism,
- swell in the digestive system, increasing the feeling of satiety and preventing snacking,
- suppress appetite, help fill the stomach in moments of hunger and persevere until the next meal,
- stimulate intestinal motility, help sweep away deposits, regulate the rhythm of bowel movements,
- stimulate detoxification of the body,
- have diuretic effect, help remove excess water from the body and reduce body swelling and water cellulite,
- provide a large portion of energy, reduce fatigue and tiredness, help increase the level of physical activity.
Among the most valued fruits that support weight loss are:
- prickly pear,
Mangosteen – a little known fruit, but extremely valuable.
Mangosteen is one of the best fruits supporting the process of losing weight, fighting overweight and obesity. It enhances the breakdown of accumulated fat tissue into free fatty acids, which then become a source of energy for the body. In this way, it accelerates the rate of reduction of excess weight. But that’s not all, mangosteen also has a number of other assets to help with weight loss, such as appetite suppression.
Mangosteen is also distinguished by a wide range of health-promoting properties, so it is worth including it in the daily diet of both people seeking to slim down their figure, as well as those who want to improve their health. Unfortunately, mangosteen is not yet very popular in our country and not everyone has had the opportunity to come across it. So let’s try to know it better! What is this fruit and why is it worth reaching for? In what form is mangosteen available on our market?
Mangosteen – its origin and characteristics
The mangosteen (Garcinia mangostana L), also known as mangosteen, garcinia, yelloweye, mangosteen or yellow mangosteen, grows in the wild in tropical Southeast Asia, mainly in Indonesia, Thailand and Malaysia. Commercially, it is widely cultivated in Brazil and Australia, as well as in some parts of Asia. It is an extremely demanding plant, not adapted to lower temperatures (it dies already at about 7-8 degrees Celsius), therefore it grows only in the tropics.
The mangosteen belongs to the Cucurbitaceae family and has the form of an evergreen tree, which begins to bear fruit after 8-10 years. A single tree bears relatively few fruits, so they are not a cheap product. Mangosteen trees can grow up to 25 meters high and have characteristic oblong olive-colored leaves and small red-green flowers.
Mangosteen fruits are used in natural medicine; they are about the size of a mandarin or a small orange, round in shape and dark purple in color. The fruit is characterized by a thick skin, under which there is an appetizing, very juicy, snow-white flesh. As in an orange, it is segmented and has a similar sweet, delicate, slightly acidic flavor.
Unfortunately, the mangosteen fruit is a product rarely found in fresh form. Sometimes it appears in large markets, sometimes in shops with sophisticated food from different corners of the world. It is therefore difficult to take advantage of the taste benefits of mangosteen, but the health and slimming properties are easier to find, because it is widely available in the form of capsules, tablets, juice, syrup, and powder.
Mangosteen – composition. A wealth of health-promoting substances
The taste of the fruit certainly encourages consumption, but much more important are its health properties, which are also appreciated by experts in nutrition and healthy eating. Large resources of bio-ingredients and a clear positive impact on the work of the organism are the reason for the constantly growing popularity of mangosteen.
In its composition we can find such valuable substances as:
- vitamins: vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin E, and small amounts of vitamin C,
- catechins that play the role of antioxidants eliminating dangerous free radicals from the body and preventing civilization diseases,
- ubiquinone (coenzyme Q10) – one of the strongest antioxidants preventing the destruction of DNA cells,
- xanthones – very rare, extremely valuable antioxidants,
- anthocyanins – another type of valuable antioxidants,
- minerals: iron, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, sodium, potassium, manganese, copper and zinc,
- dietary fiber,
- HCA acid.
Mangosteen – health properties
The composition of mangosteen favors the fight against and prevention of many diseases, so it is worth including it in the daily diet, whether in raw form or in dietary supplements having it in their content.
The positive effects of eating it will be felt very quickly, especially if we are struggling with excess weight, accumulation of toxins in the body, or cardiovascular disorders. It will also be very helpful when we are exposed to the harmful factors of civilization and when we want to create an additional defense barrier against cancer and premature aging.
Extraordinary antioxidant properties of mangosteen
A rich palette of antioxidants, including the most potent ones, i.e. xanthones, is one of the most important assets of the mangosteen fruit. Research has shown that extracts and juice from this fruit can have an effect even several times stronger than other products containing antioxidants.
These substances comprehensively protect our tissues and organs from damage and aging, and inhibit any inflammation in the body. What is more, they also stimulate our immune system, strengthening the natural defence barrier against viruses, bacteria and other pathogens.
By blocking the mechanism of free radical oxidation, antioxidants reduce the risk of cell damage and the occurrence of pathological changes in cells. Thus, they reduce the risk of developing dangerous lifestyle diseases, including various types of cancer, atherosclerosis, dementia, strokes, diabetes.
Antioxidants contained in mangosteen fruit are a way to stay young and slow down the process of “wearing out” of the body, including its key organs and systems, such as the eyes, heart, circulatory system, brain, pancreas, liver, kidneys.
Antioxidants contained in mangosteen are also a method to improve our beauty and inhibit the process of deepening wrinkles, loss of firmness and proper skin tone. In general, mangosteen is a patent for long-term maintenance of young-looking, elastic, vital skin.
Other valuable properties of mangosteen
- helps maintain a healthy digestive, respiratory, cardiovascular system,
- strengthens the body’s immune system,
- contributes to a decrease in the level of bad cholesterol (LDL),
- reduces pain,
- protects the heart muscle,
- has an antipyretic and anti-inflammatory effect,
- prevents digestive disorders,
- has an anti-allergic effect,
- fights skin disorders, including pimples and eruptions, eczema, rashes, acne,
- inhibits the development of infections, blocks the multiplication of viruses and microorganisms,
- regulates the endocrine system,
- relieves menopausal symptoms,
- reduces unpleasant symptoms associated with premenstrual syndrome, such as: mood swings, irritability, excessive exposure to emotions, headaches and dizziness,
- adds energy, improves mood, prevents depressive disorders,
- improves the effectiveness of weight loss treatments.
- takes care of the good health of the cardiovascular system,
- reduces oxidative stress on cells, stops the aging process,
- contributes to the reduction of triglycerides in the blood (which is mainly influenced by the previously mentioned antioxidants),
- acts as a diuretic and cleansing agent, supports removal of harmful substances and unnecessary products of metabolism,
- supports the treatment of gout,
- ensures better functioning of the nervous system and helps inhibit the development of Alzheimera disease,
- supports weight reduction and regulation of digestive processes mainly thanks to dietary fiber content (that’s why mangosteen is recommended by nutritionists in a healthy weight loss diet)
- improves the appearance of hair and skin,
- It gives a big boost of energy for the whole day.
Mangosteen – how to eat this fruit?
Mangosteen is one of the tastiest fruits from the tropics, unfortunately in our country it is rarely found in fresh form. If we manage to get one, let’s prepare ourselves for a real feast of taste. It is enough to peel the fruit and you can bite into the flesh dripping with juice. Just remember the right way to store it, which will allow the fruit to stay fresh longer. Mangosteen should be kept in a dry, cool place, no longer than a few days.
We usually consume mangosteen in the form of juice, syrup or concentrate, which is added to water or tea. Fortunately, such products retain their valuable health and nutritional properties for a long time. Powdered fruits are also very popular, as they can be stored much longer than fresh ones. They are very convenient and versatile to consume and dissolve well in various liquids.
Mangosteen for weight loss
One of the most important elements of any weight-loss treatment is to rid the body of lingering toxins responsible for, among other things, slowing down metabolism, easier weight gain, digestive problems and general weakness, breakdown and apathy. This task is perfectly fulfilled by mangosteen, which by stimulating urine secretion and improving intestinal peristalsis leads to effective self-cleaning of the body of all unnecessary substances, including toxins.
Mangosteen also accelerates metabolism by increasing thermogenesis. In this way, it affects faster weight loss. Its role in the diet is also to improve the functioning of the digestive system, and the fiber contained in it not only ensures better digestion, but also promotes the feeling of satiety and suppresses excessive appetite.
Mangosteen – opinions. How does this tropical fruit work in supporting weight loss?
Unfortunately, many opinions about mangosteen seem to contradict the supposed slimming properties. Despite the assurances of manufacturers of specific products containing extracts of this fruit, we can not count on spectacular slimming results, especially if we do not follow the rules of a healthy, well-balanced diet with reduced calories.
Of course, opinions about mangosteen are not unequivocal and we would be unfair if we questioned the health-promoting properties of this fruit. Nevertheless, its slimming effect is a matter of dispute. Some consumers emphasize that they have managed to shed a few pounds with the help of mangosteen, while others point to its very little slimming potential.
So, it is best to try mangosteen yourself or look for a related product that can help you reduce weight quickly and efficiently.
RANKING OF SLIMMING PILLS
For example, it is worth reaching for a diet supplement that has another fruit of the Garcinia genus in its composition, namely Garcinia cambogia. This ingredient is known for its excellent slimming properties.
Garcinia cambogia is distinguished by its high content of hydroxycitric acid (HCA), which regulates carbohydrate metabolism, inhibits the accumulation of fat tissue and blocks the appetite. It makes you eat fewer calories without constantly denying yourself something, without intrusive thoughts of food and without a notorious feeling of hunger.
Among the most appreciated by customers dietary supplements with Garcinia cambogia are Green Barley Plus and Garcinia Cambogia Actives. Their advantage is the fact that, in addition to Garcinia cambogia extracts, they contain other components with slimming properties in optimal doses. The preparations are characterized by high quality of raw materials and good effectiveness in reducing excess weight.
If you take Garcinia Cambogia Actives or Green Barley Plus 2 tablets daily (half an hour before a meal), you will notice a noticeable reduction in body fat after just a few weeks.
And from the first doses we can count on suppressed appetite, reduced snacking and a much higher level of energy throughout the day. These are of course only some of the effects of their multi-faceted action. It is worth convincing yourself of their advantages, placing an order on the producer’s website and quickly returning to the former slim and slender figure!