Goji berries – a guarantee of health at the highest level
Every lover of slimming and healthy lifestyle knows the enormous importance of fruit in their diet, the richest natural source of vitamins. It really cannot be underestimated, and the body deprived of these nutrients will quickly start to fail, which will also manifest itself in quickly increasing weight problems. I have experienced this myself, which is why I recommend daily consumption of Goji berries, which, in my opinion, have a well-deserved reputation of the healthiest fruit in the world.
Goji berries – nutrients
This fruit came to our country from far Asia and its shrubs grow in subtropical and temperate climates, among others, in China, Tibet and Mongolia. They are also known under another name, thistle and scarlet thistle, and they usually come to our continent in a dried form. It is also interesting to note that the fresh fruit growing on the bushes cannot be touched with bare hands, which causes a change of colour due to an immediate oxidation process. Therefore, they are collected in a specific way, by shaking the bushes, and the berries simply fall on mats spread underneath.
But let’s leave the curiosities and focus on what is most important, the composition of these small, nutritious balls, and they really have something to boast about. They contain a lot of substances with high nutritional value, which has also been confirmed byscientific studies. Thanks to this, Goji berries have a really beneficial effect on our health, and by eating them, we provide our body with
- vitamins B1, B2, B6, vitamin C, 50 times more than in an orange, and E, called the vitamin of youth;
- large amounts of minerals, zinc, iron, copper, phosphorus, selenium and germanium, which has an anti-cancer effect;
- beta – carotene and flavonoids;
- antioxidants, responsible for removing free radicals;
- polysaccharides, which regulate the immune system;
- Omega-3 and Omega – 6 unsaturated fatty acids and linoleic acid, which is essential for effective weight loss;
- 19 different amino acids, including 8 that our body is unable to produce;
- dietary fibre.
Goji blueberries – health properties
These fruits have appeared on the market in our country relatively recently, however, in China they have been known since ancient times, being valued in traditional natural medicine. They were considered to prolong health until old age, showing effectiveness in prevention and treatment of various diseases. It is therefore worth including them in your diet, in various forms, and with regular consumption we can count on such health properties as:
- regulation of sugar and cholesterol levels in blood, so they are recommended in the treatment of diabetes;
- better immunity, and proper work of the immune system will protect us against infections;
- healthy and strong heart, no problems with the circulatory system. Goji reduce the risk of hypertension and thrombosis, a positive effect on circulation is also a large amount of vitamin C contained in them;
- improve the appearance and health of nails, hair and skin, counteracting their natural aging processes;
- anti-inflammatory and antiviral effects;
- better functioning of the nervous system, better concentration, memory and increased mental abilities;
- cleansing the body of toxins that impair the functioning of many important organs and at the same time protecting the liver from the effects of an unhealthy, too fatty diet;
- beneficial effect on eyesight, lutein and zeaxanthin protect retina from damage caused by free radicals and from macular degeneration which may even lead to blindness
- rapid and, most importantly, permanent weight loss.
Goji berries – help you lose weight
Health properties can be considered comprehensive, but I, buying Goji ber ries, was primarily interested in their slimming effect. I have the greatest confidence in natural methods in this regard, so these berries were automatically on my list of products to test. Losing weight, preferably without the yo-yo effect, is a complicated process in which the metabolism responsible for burning fat tissue is the most important. Sometimes it is so disordered that the body needs something to make it work better and for that you can successfully use Goji berries.
Thegreatest impact on digestion is due to the dietary fiber contained in them, thanks to which after a short time we will feel a significant improvement and get rid of not only a few or more kilograms, but also problems with bloating or constipation, the nightmare of most women. Fibre effectively suppresses the appetite, filling the stomach at the same time, so that we do not feel hungry for many hours. However, it should be remembered that berries, although used for weight loss, are themselves a high-calorie product, so you can not eat too much of them, and the recommended daily dose is from 5 to 15 g of fruit.
Goji berries – how best to use them in the kitchen
The main form of Goji berries that you can get in our stores are dried fruits and preparations such as juices or jams, unfortunately, fresh ones are very rare. However, before buying them, it is worth paying attention to how they were stored, whether in the right humidity and air temperature, protecting them from spoilage and affecting their taste. It is best to buy them in trusted shops with healthy food, which, fortunately, can already be found in most Polish cities and will be a great addition to many dishes, morning porridge, tasty fruit salads, rice or some meat dishes. You can also use them instead of raisins in cakes and other baked goods, and the juice will be good in cocktails or hot tea. They can also be found in numerous pills and supplements used in slimming treatments, in which their action is supported by other, equally effective ingredients.
Unfortunately, they can’t be eaten by everyone without any restrictions, they should be avoided by people with diabetes, in whom they lower blood glucose levels, they are also not recommended with anticoagulants. Side effects of eating Goji are fortunately rare, and if you have any concerns you can talk to a nutritionist or doctor about them. You also need to remember that like many other fruits, berries alone do not lose weight, but by treating them as an important part of a healthy diet and combining this with physical activity, you can get really satisfactory results. Opinions on the subject are unequivocal, with most fully confirming the properties of the Goji berries I’ve just described, so there’s nothing to stop you from trying them for yourself to see how they can benefit your health and weight.