Chasteberry (cistus) – an herb with valuable health and weight loss properties
The winter-spring solstice period is the time when our organism is most weakened, exhausted by months of cold and damp weather. It is then when it is easiest to get infections, and constant sitting at home and lack of a proper dose of physical activity result in weight gain, which in many cases is unfortunately quite substantial. Let’s not conceal the fact that in winter we rather prefer to spend time in front of the TV or computer, and the weather outside the window also does not encourage walking. However, since here and there we have gained a few kilograms, runny nose also makes itself known, it is time to effectively get rid of both. Of course, only with the use of natural methods, and even sensational results give a properly selected herbal treatment, preferably with the use of cherry, a popular plant with universal use.
- 1 Herbal medicine, or phytotherapy – how it can help us fight diseases
- 2 The origins, natural occurrence and most common varieties of the plant
- 3 The chemical composition and health properties of the plant
- 4 Can it really help us lose weight?
- 5 Purges – availability on the market, recommended ways of preparation and universal use
- 6 Opinions of patients and nutritionists
Herbal medicine, or phytotherapy – how it can help us fight diseases
We live in times of full accessibility to various types of medicines or dietary supplements, which we can use both in weight loss treatments, and to cure the first symptoms of a cold. We simply go to a shop or a pharmacy and we leave with a ready-made solution to all our problems, but is it really beneficial for our body? Often we do not even realize that this type of preparations not only help but also harm, and the best solutions are suggested by nature itself. I’m talking about herbs, plants found in the nearby meadows, already used by our mothers and grandmothers, and known and used in medicine, not only natural medicine, for thousands of years. There is no exaggeration in the statement that it was and in many cultures still is the most popular method of treatment of various ailments, which in our case will help to get rid of runny nose and lingering excess of fatty tissue.
Of course, not all herbs can be used completely safely, their selection will require appropriate knowledge or, if we do not have such knowledge, an opinion of a good specialist in this field. However, the most popular and well-known ones will certainly not harm us if we follow their recommended dosages and they have practically no dangerous side effects.
Advantages of introducing herbs into the diet:
- strengthening the general immunity of the body, as they improve the functioning of the immune system;
- cleansing from toxins and other unnecessary products of metabolism, they also help remove particularly dangerous free radicals;
- lowering the cholesterol level and blood pressure regulation, thus protecting against heart and circulatory system diseases, atherosclerosis, heart attack or stroke
- enhancing memory and concentration thanks to valuable antioxidants;
- help in liver regeneration;
- strengthening eyesight;
- alleviation of migraine symptoms;
- regulation of the digestive and urinary systems, which automatically promotes safe, fast and permanent weight loss;
- not introducing into the body harmful chemical substances causing bothersome and difficult to remove side effects.
The origins, natural occurrence and most common varieties of the plant
As you can see from the examples above, the benefits of using herbs are obvious and therefore they should immediately become an important component of a healthy and balanced diet, not just the weight loss one. I realize that many synthetic ingredients in used preparations simply can not be replaced, but it is worth checking if we can not find their natural counterparts characterized by the same action. Our body will feel the difference almost immediately, and such a recommended herb with versatile use is exactly the purple.
The Latin name Cistus is a shrub belonging to the purgative family, and under this name are more than 50 different varieties, of which the best known are Cretan purgative, laurel purgative, resinous purgative and grey purgative. In the wild, this shrub can be found in the south of our continent, in the Mediterranean basin, growing on the rocky coast and for centuries referred to as the rock rose. They are small plants, growing to a height of about 50 cm with characteristic pink or white flowers, and their attractive appearance makes them more and more often grown in our gardens, often without even knowing about their health properties. They have been known since ancient times, when they were used to obtain a valuable substance, ladanum, a type of resin used in diseases of the digestive system, respiratory infections or to heal wounds that are difficult to heal, it is also used in the cosmetics industry.
The chemical composition and health properties of the plant
Nowadays purge is used primarily in natural medicine, in prevention and treatment of more ailments than a few hundred years ago. In our country, the most commonly used is grey chaste, mainly due to the many valuable nutrients it contains, including polyphenols which have an exceptionally beneficial effect on our body, the importance of which for health cannot be underestimated. Apart from polyphenols, it also contains other nutrients, vitamins, phytosterols, phenolic acids, flavonoids and essential oils.
The most important health-promoting properties of grey purgative:
- sealing the walls of blood vessels, reducing the level of bad cholesterol in the blood, which is an effective prevention of atherosclerosis, also prevents varicose veins and the formation of clots in the veins;
- improving the work of the immune system, and increased immunity protects us not only against colds, but also other more dangerous infections;
- anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties;
- providing the energy necessary for daily physical activity;
- regulation of the body’s hormonal balance;
- diuretic effect, facilitating thorough cleansing from toxins;
- antioxidant properties, helping to remove free radicals and protecting against the possibility of developing cancer;
- inhibition of excessive sebum secretion, thus improving the condition and appearance of the skin, smoothing wrinkles and preventing acne;
- anti-allergic effect, inhibiting the secretion of histamine, the main cause of most bothersome allergic reactions;
- preventing brittleness, fragility and hair loss;
- treating the symptoms of Lyme disease, an extremely dangerous disease spread by ticks;
- in case of men, also supporting prostate function.
Can it really help us lose weight?
Taking care of our health should become a habit and, as you can see, this herb can help with that, but, as always, the most important thing for us is its slimming properties. There are many other herbs for slimming, thanks to which we will quickly gain the slim figure we dream of, so we can ask ourselves how does purple compare to them. It’s a very good idea to make sure that you have a great deal of time and money to spend on your diet, but it’s also a good idea to make sure that you have a great deal of time and money to spend on your diet. However, looking at the overall action, you can safely say that it should become an important part of the treatment to bring the desired results.
Weight loss is a complicated, multifaceted process, whose important part, who knows if not the most important one, is regulating the work of the digestive system and cleansing it of everything unnecessary. Removing toxins and metabolic products improves the functioning of the stomach, liver and intestines, and thus facilitates digestion of even the heaviest, high-calorie meals. Lack of toxins also means faster metabolism, especially of carbohydrates and fats, which are burned and do not accumulate in the form of fat deposits on the stomach, hips or thighs. The most important thing to remember is that you can’t expect any spectacular results from drinking purple tea or taking dietary supplements that have it in their composition, and weight loss will be minimal. It is a very good idea to make sure that you are able to get the most out of your purple tea and supplements, and that you are able to get the most out of your purple tea. The basis of effective weight loss should always be a diet, a diet composed of healthy, nutritious products, which in combination with high physical activity and herbal preparations will allow you to get rid of all excess weight in a short time.
Ranking of the best slimming pills
Purges – availability on the market, recommended ways of preparation and universal use
As I have already mentioned, in our country the grey pur ge is the most popular and it is the most available, mainly in stores with healthy, organic food. Recently it has also appeared in pharmacies and herbal shops, in the form of a dried herb for brewing, making a nutritious, although I admit that not very tasty decoction. Its preparation is very simple, the recipes can be easily found on the web, and I will allow myself to present you with one of them:
Pour boiling water over one or two teaspoons of dried fruit and leave under the lid to infuse. On the packaging, you’ll usually find a detailed description of how to prepare it, including the recommended daily allowances that should be followed. The decoction will be ready after about 15 – 20 minutes, before drinking it you need to strain it, and to improve the taste and increase nutrition you can add honey or your favorite juice, of course only the natural one, without harmful fructose-glucose syrup.
For best results, drink puree regularly, 3 to 4 times a day, continuing the treatment for at least a month, and you can also use it in the form of a decoction, as poultices to soothe skin irritations. The cooled down decoction is perfect for gargling sore throats in place of pills, as it reduces the number of bacteria responsible for inflammation. In terms of cosmetics, on the other hand, I use it to wash my face and thoroughly remove all impurities from it.
Opinions of patients and nutritionists
There is a lot of information about this herb, as well as opinions, sometimes significantly different from each other. So it is best to check for yourself its action and see what beneficial effect it will have on our health. It is a very good idea to get a good idea of what you are going to do with your body and how you are going to use it. Patients praise, among other things, its anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, assistance in alleviating all symptoms of colds, including those as intense as sinusitis, and detoxification of the body, increasing the effectiveness of the weight loss therapy.
Many specialists, dieticians and pharmacists are of the same opinion and gladly recommend purge to their patients. I also join these opinions, I always have it in my home first aid kit, and now you also know what it can be effective for.