Guarana – Tablets or Powder, in which form is it better to use it?
Taking care of your health is a duty of every person who wants to maintain full strength and vitality until old age. Unfortunately, in practice it happens differently, either we neglect ourselves completely, or we use inappropriate methods of treatment and prophylaxis which give different results than intended. The result is usually only one anyway, the development of many diseases causing bothersome and difficult to control ailments. Most often they result from the use of medicinal preparations with improperly selected composition, full of artificial substances that cause many side effects.
Both doctors and natural medicine specialists recommend using only remedies composed of natural ingredients, extracts from plants with properties known and confirmed by many professional studies. This is certainly the case with guarana tablets or powder, which have a comprehensive effect on the human body, taking care of our body and mind.
- 1 Guarana – origin of the plant and its chemical composition
- 2 Guarana – medicinal properties and uses of the seeds
- 3 Guarana – opinions on two recommended supplements that have it in their composition
Guarana – origin of the plant and its chemical composition
Guarana Paullinia cupana, also known as thornfruit, came to Europe from the tropical forests of South America, from the Amazon jungle, where local tribes have been using it for several hundred years. Its name also derives from the name of an Indian tribe that has inhabited this hot and inhospitable region of the world for centuries. All medicinal preparations are made primarily from guarana seeds, which is due to their content of numerous nutrients and large amounts of stimulating caffeine. According to various sources, it ranges from 4 to 7%, i.e. in the same amount of seeds it is half as much as in coffee. Of course, this is not the only active ingredient in guarana, it also contains:
That is ascorbic acid, valued above all for its antioxidant properties, helping to rid the body of free radicals, which in excess cause numerous diseases, including cancer. Vitamin C has a beneficial effect on our general health, helping in the treatment of such ailments as:
- cold and flu, thanks to the strengthening of weakened immunity;
- osteoporosis increasing the fragility and breakability of bones;
- degenerative joint pain;
- skin diseases, thanks to the intensification of collagen synthesis processes;
- cardiovascular diseases, atherosclerosis, hypertension, which is influenced by the reduction of the level of bad cholesterol in blood;
- anemia, because it improves the absorption rate of iron, an element necessary to fight this disease.
Just as necessary, with an exceptionally broad pro-health effect, responsible for the proper functioning of the brain and the entire nervous system. Thanks to this, they effectively improve our mental well-being, removing the negative effects of stress, and the most important ones, which are also worth providing in the form of supplements with guarana, are:
- vitamin B1 (thiamine), which takes care of the condition of bones and joints;
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), which strengthens immunity, takes care of the skin, helps in the treatment of acne;
- Vitamin B3 (niacin), which lowers the cholesterol level LDL, takes part in the process of red blood cells formation, prevents disorders of the digestive system;
- Vitamin B9 (folic acid), which is essential, especially for pregnant women, as it prevents possible developmental defects of the fetus;
- vitamin B12 (cobalamin), preventing anemia, anemia and relieving the symptoms of eye diseases.
Unsaturated fatty acids
Called “healthy fats” for a specific reason and should be introduced into your diet immediately. Our body is not able to produce them on its own, so they must be supplied with food or dietary supplements containing them. They can be found not only in guarana, but also in coconut oil, such as especially Omega – 3 or Omega – 6, and thanks to them guarana tablets and powder, which are recommended by specialists, work beneficially on:
- minimizing the risk of heart disease, including atherosclerosis and heart attack;
- Regulate the level of “bad” cholesterol and triglycerides in blood;
- normalization of elevated blood pressure;
- joint health, absence of arthritic pains;
- strengthening of immunity;
- alleviation of symptoms of indigestion, constipation, inflammatory bowel conditions;
- accelerated metabolism and faster reduction of excess fat cells.
Other equally valuable health-promoting ingredients
In extracts made from guarana seeds, we can also find other equally valuable substances as those described above. They, too, have an important influence on the healing properties of this plant, and these are:
- essential oils.
Guarana – medicinal properties and uses of the seeds
As with any plant, the composition directly translates into medicinal properties, and in this regard guarana definitely has something to boast about. Its effects are indeed multi-level and comprehensive, and using preparations containing carefully selected doses of guarana, you will quickly feel the positive effects. Guarana Paullinia cupana, imported from South America, is available on the Polish market not only as a diet supplement, but also as a finely ground powder of a characteristic light brown colour, which dissolves well in water.
It should not, however, be used in such a way, a better solution is to use it as a valuable addition to other dishes or drinks, e.g. fruit or vegetable slimming cocktails. Drinking them regularly, preferably according to the recommendations of a nutritionist, you can get really spectacular results, guarana works on almost all aspects of health and is worth at least mentioning:
Helping to burn excess body fat
The biggest problem of people complaining about growing overweight and obesity, is inefficient burning of fat tissue deposited on the body. It not only looks unsightly, but is also the cause of many dangerous diseases, and abdominal obesity is a direct route to life-threatening diabetes.
A dietary supplement containing guarana effectively supports the fat burning process thanks to the presence of caffeine, which is a natural and strong thermogenetic. It speeds up metabolism, safely raising body temperature, thus intensifying thermogenesis, causing fat cells to break down and be used as a source of energy for physical activity. It also makes it easier to control your appetite and snack on high calorie foods. It improves the functioning of the intestines, and thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, it protects their mucosa against possible infections and inflammation.
Stimulating effect better than coffee
Most of us, in order to be able to function normally throughout the day, have to drink a cup of strong black coffee in the morning, or several cans of energy drinks. As long as we drink them in limited quantities, we should not experience any side effects, mainly concerning the heart and cardiovascular system. It is better to choose healthier yerba mate or drinks whose main ingredient is guarana, reviews of patients who drink them fully confirm their effectiveness.
Thanks to the higher content of caffeine, the stimulating effect lasts longer, the supplied energy is sufficient for the entire day, we also do not feel physical and mental fatigue even after the greatest effort. The body regenerates faster, its efficiency is noticeably increased, blood pressure will always be correct, we do not feel its sudden increase, which often happens when we overdo coffee.
Improved concentration, brain work and mental abilities
Regular use of supplements containing guarana seeds also has a positive effect on the functioning of the nervous system, especially its most important element, the brain. It too needs proper stimulation in order to work without any interruptions or disruptions.
Caffeine from guarana, supported by two other components, which are theobromine and theophylline, improves concentration, allowing you to focus on even the most complex mental tasks. It also enhances memory, and its effects can be compared to those of nootropics, because it increases the secretion of the hormones responsible for that, dopamine, adrenaline and serotonin. They guarantee mental well-being and we are no longer threatened by stress and other negative states of nervous tension, including depression.
Better sexual performance
This is another advantage of guarana, appreciated especially by men, whose problem is reduced sexual performance, which at least makes it difficult, and often even impossible for them to have intercourse. Taking daily dietary supplements with guarana reduces the risk of erectile dysfunction by almost 50% thanks to its positive effect on the functioning of the circulatory system. Proper blood flow allows you to achieve and maintain an erection throughout intercourse, and the energy from caffeine will give you the strength and physical endurance you need.
Perfectly smooth skin and always beautiful hair
Speaking of the comprehensive effects of guarana, we can not forget about its impact on the health of the skin and hair. Vitamins and minerals not only cope with irritations or abrasions of the epidermis, but they also reach the deep layers of the skin, nourishing and strengthening it from the inside. So you can count on its perfect smoothness, lack of acne lesions and cellulite so disliked by ladies.
The same set of nutrients will also strengthen hair, which will stop breaking, crumbling and falling out, so there is no risk of premature and accelerated baldness. The hairstyle will become thick, strong, shiny and with a deep natural colour.
Guarana – opinions on two recommended supplements that have it in their composition
Such sensational healing properties automatically recommend guarana as an important component of dietary supplements responsible for many aspects of our health. This includes the aforementioned slimming and burning of all unnecessary fat tissue, and the fight against weight will certainly be much simpler, weight loss will be permanent and without an unpleasant yo-yo effect. Specialists in weight loss diets and healthy lifestyle recommend two in particular:
A delicious slimming drink combining robusta and arabica coffees with MCT oil, which can be a healthy substitute for your morning cup of coffee, allowing you to quickly shape your figure. Cappuccino MCT contains not only MCT oil, which is used in the ketogenic diet, boosts metabolism, suppresses cravings, provides energy for muscles and brain, and improves the functioning of the immune system. The composition of this innovative coffee is also based on the unique ID-ALG™ formula patented by the manufacturer, which combines extracts from brown algae and grape seeds.
It is full of Bvitamins, vitamin C, vitamin D and E as well as fibre and minerals: potassium, calcium, iodine, iron, manganese and copper. The composition is completed by inoline, a natural probiotic, an extra dose of zinc and of course carefully measured doses of guarana, the tablets also contain other nutrients of plant origin:
- garcinia cambogia, full of hydroxycitric acid (HCA), an appetite blocker, maintaining safe blood cholesterol levels, regulating blood pressure;
- green coffee, another source of energizing caffeine after guarana, detoxifying and accelerating fat burning.
Nutrigo Lab Burner
A modern, multifunctional fat burner, used and recommended by professional athletes, whose disciplines include strength training. The basis of the effectiveness of Nutrigo Lab Burner is not just one, but several patented and unique blends of active ingredients:
- Sinetrol® Xpur, combining the power of guarana and citrus fruits such as oranges and grapefruit, another thermogenic that is a true “killer” of all unnecessary fat cells deposited on the body;
- Citrin®, an extract from garcinia cambogia fruit, whose effects we described above;
- BioPerine®, black pepper extract full of piperine, an alkaloid similar to caffeine in action, not only burning fat, but also regulating digestion, boosting immunity, increasing concentration and acting as an antioxidant;
- raspberry fruit extracts and turmeric. The former helps reduce excessively high blood glucose levels, prevents bacterial infections of the digestive system and fat accumulation. The second is another antioxidant, also preventing digestive disorders and accelerating metabolism;
- chromium, an element essential in every weight-loss treatment, removing excess fatty acids from the body, taking care of the right amount of insulin, and participating in the production of glycogen needed by muscles for physical exercise.