Effective weight loss diet for the real man
In one of the previous posts I described a diet for muscle mass that is essential for any man who wants to show off his impressive muscles and impeccably muscled physique. Unfortunately sometimes this silhouette is far from the dream pattern, and instead of muscles under the skin there are fatty tissue deposits, which in our case are mainly as a growing tire on the abdomen. That’s why today I’m going to talk about an effective slimming diet designed specifically for men, a way of eating that makes it easier to quickly get rid of all the excess weight.
The male way of eating – far from healthy diet rules
Let’s face it, we men like to eat well, and we usually avoid healthy nutrition by a wide margin. Our tables are mostly occupied by meat in various forms, without which in most cases we cannot imagine a normal meal. Many men cannot be persuaded to eat fruit and vegetables, and I even know some who explain that greens are good for rabbits, while a real man always eats meat.
Then there’s the avoidance of physical activity and high-calorie snacks, crisps and nuts, which we like to snack on while watching sports on TV, and of course all this is topped off with our favourite beer. The effects of this start to become quickly visible in the form of an expanding tyre and the most interesting thing is that at the same time we find millions of explanations for this state of affairs.
Unfortunately, such a diet is the first step towards being overweight, which is often neglected and in a short period of time transforms into obesity, which can cause serious diseases. Many of them may even be life-threatening, and the most dangerous, which we can get if we do not follow a healthy diet, are:
- heart and circulatory system diseases, hypertension, increased cholesterol level, atherosclerosis, the risk of heart attack or stroke also increases;
- diabetes, usually type 2 caused by an increase in blood glucose levels;
- problems with the respiratory system, including particularly dangerous and difficult to treat sleep apnea;
- degeneration of the spine and joints, especially of the lower limbs due to their excessive load;
- adverse hormonal changes;
- potency problems, decreased libido and erectile dysfunction, making it difficult to obtain and maintain a normal erection.
Slimming diet for men – the basic principles of nutrition
All this neglect results in abdominal obesity, and the sight of a young man carrying such a burden is not very aesthetic. Momentarily our self-esteem falls, not only physical but also mental problems begin, increasing stress, and this is the first step to growing depression. In spite of appearances, losing weight is not as difficult as we initially think and invaluable help can come from our partner, who should also care about her guy being slim and always rise to the occasion. Gentlemen, it is time to take care of yourself and get rid of more fat before the holidays so that you can impress with your new slimmer figure on the beach.
Eat regularly and don’t snack between meals
This is an absolute must for any successful weight loss program. You should set precise times for yourself to eat meals, in the amount of 3 – 4 per day and strictly stick to it. Another, equally important issue is to eliminate snacking between meals, each bar, sandwich or sweetened, carbonated beverage is an additional calorie, which later will have to be burned. Everything that is high in calories can be replaced with healthier snacks, preferably fruits or vegetables, sometimes it is enough to drink a glass of mineral water, non-carbonated of course, and this allows you to avoid the feeling of hunger accompanying the initial phase of the treatment and suppress your appetite.
You do not have to give up meat dishes
For a guy who is a carnivore, giving up his beloved chops, steaks or even cold cuts is almost unimaginable, but in fact you don’t have to give them up completely. The most harmful is of course red meat, whose consumption should be limited to a maximum of 2 to 3 times a week, thus reducing the amount of unhealthy saturated fatty acids. Equally tasty, but healthier and more nutritious are dishes made of poultry or fish, especially sea fish, recommended by doctors and nutritionists. Completely giving up meat is of course possible, but depending on the type, it contains a lot of valuable nutrients, such as:
- B vitamins;
- minerals, especially iron and phosphorus;
- vitamin PP, or niacin.
Adapt your diet to the type of work you do
Diet should also be carefully matched to the nature of work, different for a person who spends time in the office, in front of a computer, and another for a physical worker. Sedentary work requires fewer calories and breakfast should be the most important meal, consisting of ingredients that provide energy for mental effort. It must be dominated by carbohydrates, such as oatmeal, dark wholemeal bread and of course vegetables and fruit, which should be part of every meal. The morning dose of caffeine from coffee is better replaced by a cup of equally energetic green tea.
Men who do physical work in the morning need a lot of protein and fat, so they must eat meat, of course in limited quantities, eggs, fish and the aforementioned fruits and vegetables.
Healthy foods and supplements for weight loss
Vitamins and minerals are the basis of every diet, taking care not only of health, but also of proper digestion and metabolism, necessary for burning fat tissue. We provide them with food, which is why the following products absolutely must be included in our daily menu:
- fruit, the most important and at the same time the richest source of vitamins, are also low in calories, so you can eat more of them without the risk of gaining weight;
- Vegetables, in most cases characterized by the so-called negative energy balance, which means that they provide fewer calories than we need energy to completely digest them;
- cereal products, but only those made from whole grain, a source of carbohydrates and fibre, essential for proper digestion, wholemeal bread, groats, brown rice, oatmeal;
- olive oil, preferably extra virgin, which can be replaced by vegetable oils available in shops;
- skim milk and products made of it, full of protein, especially natural yoghurt, skimmed cottage cheese, white cheese and a little bit forgotten, but tasty and healthy buttermilk;
- spices such as pepper, containing piperine, which is essential in the metabolism of fats, dill, marjoram, rosemary, basil, oregano, which not only improve the taste of meals, but also make us digest even the heaviest meals quickly.
Sometimes, despite following the above-mentioned rules, our body has problems with dealing with excess weight, and in such a situation it is worth helping it with appropriate dietary supplements. Their choice is enormous, but deciding on any of them, let’s first check if it is based on natural ingredients, preferably of plant origin. Thanks to that it will be completely safe to use, with no side effects, and many plants have a comprehensive slimming effect, allowing you to achieve the desired results in a short time. Let’s also remember that without movement we can only dream about losing weight, so it’s time to get up from the chair and take up some sport.