Diet desserts without baking, something for weight-loss sweets lovers
Many an attempt to lose weight fails because of a particular fondness for cakes, candies, cookies and chocolate. If you want to really shed pounds, you should give up high-calorie sweet snacks, but don’t worry, there is an easy way to slim them down. See how to compose diet desserts – quickly and without baking.
- 1 How to compose low-calorie desserts?
- 2 Diet desserts – tried and tested ideas
- 2.1 1. diet dessert for chocolate lovers – a delicious mousse based on cocoa
- 2.2 2 – Fit dessert for pudding lovers – millet cream pudding
- 2.3 3. a low-calorie dessert for fans of fruity flavours – light mousse with jelly
- 2.4 4) Diet dessert for fans of cakes and sweets – chocolate and coconut oat balls
How to compose low-calorie desserts?
Appetite for sweets is one of the biggest bane of the weight loss process. Dealing with your favorite cakes, cookies and chocolate snacks causes large surges of excess calories, and thus completely thwarts your attempts to reduce body fat.
Some time ago, I myself had a problem with taming my craving for sweets, but I finally found a way to do it. I took ready-made products out of my menu and started making my own fit desserts based on ingredients with low content of simple carbohydrates and fats. Diet desserts are very simple to make and easy to get used to – they taste just as good, or even better, than traditional treats.
Here are the golden rules that I follow when making my quick diet desserts:
- I do not use sugar, whipped cream, butter or margarine in my desserts;
- I replace full fat milk with 0% fat milk;
- I replace sugar with xylitol, sometimes with honey (in small amounts);
- I often use fibre products (e.g. oatmeal, spelt flakes, grains and seeds, chia seeds, nuts, amaranth) in desserts which are good for slim figure;
- I build desserts on: yoghurts, skim milk, cottage cheese, skim cream cheese;
- I do not use ready-made creams, masses or toppings;
- I often use natural cocoa, coconut shavings, sesame seeds;
- in preparing fit desserts blender is my greatest ally.
See top diet supplements for weight loss
Diet desserts – tried and tested ideas
1. diet dessert for chocolate lovers – a delicious mousse based on cocoa
- 2-3 bananas
- large cup of natural yoghurt
- approx. 100 ml 0% fat milk
- approx. 4 tablespoons of bitter cocoa
- teaspoon of xylitol
- additions: nuts, almond flakes, raisins, seeds, amaranth, fresh fruit, grated dark chocolate – to choose
I peel the bananas, cut into smaller pieces. I add yogurt, milk, cocoa, xylitol. Everything is blended to a smooth mass. Pour the mousse into goblets and chill for about an hour in the refrigerator. At the end of the dessert sprinkle crushed nuts and a little grated chocolate or other additions.
2 – Fit dessert for pudding lovers – millet cream pudding
- approx. 1.5 cups cooked millet groats
- 1 – 1.5 cups skimmed milk
- teaspoon of vanilla sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- additions: fruit, coconut shavings, nuts, etc.
I blitz the cooked buckwheat with milk, honey and vanilla sugar to a smooth paste. Put the pudding into bowls, add a handful of raspberries, blueberries, peach segments or other fruit. Finally, pour a little raspberry juice or syrup over the dessert.
3. a low-calorie dessert for fans of fruity flavours – light mousse with jelly
- 4 packages of natural homogenized cheese
- small cup of natural yoghurt (plain or thick)
- 2 strawberry jellies
- 2 cups of strawberries
- 2-3 tablespoons of xylitol
I dissolve one jelly in a glass of hot water and cool it. I cut one cup of strawberries into small pieces, set aside. In a large bowl I pour cheese and yogurt, add dissolved jelly, xylitol, mix the ingredients. Add pieces of fruit, mix for a moment more. Pour the mixture into a cake pan, put into the fridge. The second jelly I dissolve in 500 ml of water, cool, wait until it partially sets. On the thickening strawberry mousse I put halves of strawberries, pour the thickening jelly. Put in the fridge for an hour.
4) Diet dessert for fans of cakes and sweets – chocolate and coconut oat balls
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa
- 3 Tbsp coconut shavings
- 3 tbsp liquid honey
- 200 ml of milk 0% fat
- handful of nuts or raisins
I cook the oatmeal in milk until soft and liquid is absorbed. Cool down, add honey, cocoa, nuts and raisins. Blend all the ingredients. The mixture should be thick, so that you can form balls. After forming all the balls and coating in coconut chips, I put them in the fridge.