ChiliPad – a mat under the mattress making it easier to regulate its temperature during sleep
One of the important elements which have a huge impact on our health is proper rest, which allows the body to fully regenerate even after the greatest physical and mental effort. The basis of it is certainly a healthy, strong sleep, with which unfortunately more and more people have smaller or larger problems. We may even risk a statement that insomnia caused by various reasons is slowly becoming one of the social diseases, whose treatment is both extremely difficult and long-lasting. One of the reasons why we are unable to sleep is, among others, improper temperature, both in the bedroom and in our bed, which can now be effectively regulated by using an innovative mat, a mattress pad ChiliPad Sleep System . It is an integrated system which enables fluent change of its temperature if needed, cooling or additional heating.
Insomnia – what causes us not to get enough sleep
Improper temperature in the room intended for sleeping is just one of many reasons why we spend hours rolling over in bed, unable to fall asleep. This causes almost immediate disruption of our natural biological rhythm, which is manifested not only by chronic fatigue, but also increasing irritability, states of strong nervous tension resulting from too little sleep. Research has shown that every third Pole, regardless of age, suffers from insomnia, and other equally common causes include:
- coexisting diseases, the symptoms of which are sleep problems, especially those directly affecting the heart muscle and the whole circulatory system: heart failure or hypertension. Equally often insomnia is caused by ailments of the respiratory system, e.g. asthma, and the endocrine system, all diseases of the thyroid, or disorders of melatonin secretion, the hormone responsible for the quality of our sleep;
- improper, too heavy digestive diet, the main cause of disorders of the digestive system, hindering or even preventing proper digestion, which is manifested by heartburn, constipation or troublesome diarrhea, also disrupting the course of sleep. It is, of course, also the cause of growing overweight and obesity, which also must not be underestimated;
- strong stress, unfortunately more and more often unavoidable in our lives, and the resulting nervousness and strong emotional agitation can also become the cause of problems with falling asleep and proper, restful rest. These problems are also caused by other mental illnesses, such as those suffered from severe depression;
- overuse of popular stimulants, including too much coffee and strong black tea, which should be replaced with its green variety or healthier yerba mate. If you want to get a good night’s sleep, it is also inadvisable to drink large amounts of alcohol before bedtime, and it is also worth paying attention to the possible side effects of medication you are taking.
ChiliPad – why it is worth taking care of the right temperature for sleep
As you can see from the examples above, a lot of different factors are responsible for our insomnia and many of them require the intervention of a specialist who will implement the appropriate treatment. However, we are able to eliminate several of them on our own, first of all regulate the temperature in the bedroom, which almost immediately positively affects the quality of our sleep. In our society there has long been a misconception that the basis of a good rest is a warm, heated bed, with a thick, preferably down duvet. Maybe it was good in the times of our grandparents, who loved to warm themselves under the quilts, however now all specialists indicate that it has a negative impact not only on sleep, but also on our health.
Based on their research, they found that the optimum temperature, conducive to rest, which should prevail in the bedroom, ranges from 15 to 19 degrees, and the recommended is 18 degrees. If the temperature is higher than this, our body’s blood vessels dilate, blood flow increases and we start sweating in order to cool the body down as quickly as possible. However, this is not always possible in the natural way, so it is worth using in the bedroom a special mattress mat, ChiliPad , with a system that allows stepless temperature adjustment from 18 to 40 degrees Celsius.
ChiliPad – what it is and how it works
Chili Pad Sleep System It is a modern set consisting of a mattress pad with a built-in efficient hydro-energetic system, which enables heating or cooling the mattress to a predetermined temperature. The mattress pad is made from a hardwearing cotton/durable synthetic fibre blend, which is easy to keep clean by simply washing it in the washing machine. Water flows freely through its flexible but durable tubes and the whole system is connected to a separate control device, a small cube that you place next to your bed. It is responsible for regulating the temperature of the mattress depending on the needs of the user, based on solid-state action, and the water flows through a special system and, depending on the direction of the flow of electrons, can be cooled or heated.
ChiliPad is available in a variety of sizes to fit virtually any mattress you have, and the manufacturer also provides the ability to use two separate sets in one mattress. By opting for such a two-zone system, you simply get two mats and two controls, separate for each half of the bed, so one can be cooled and the other heated at the same time. The whole thing is powered by 230V, protected against surges, the volume of operation maintaining at a maximum level of 40 dB should not interfere with rest, not differing too much from the typical ambient noise, and temperature control is done with the included remote control. The manufacturer also recommends using only distilled water, which effectively prevents the accumulation of bacteria and other harmful microorganisms. As the ChiliPad works in a partially closed system, it is sufficient to top up the water once every 3 – 4 days, however, water evaporation may increase when the heating system is turned on.
ChiliPad – what are the benefits of using it?
When our insomnia is caused precisely by inappropriate and difficult to regulate temperature in the bedroom, ChiliPad is the perfect solution to this problem. Thanks to its use, not only will we fall asleep quickly and the quality of sleep will improve, we can also benefit from other advantages of its use, such as:
- Relieve muscle pain, especially in the lower limbs and back through better stimulation of blood circulation;
- Eliminating the feeling of heavy legs;
- Relieve more than 75 percent of the symptoms of RLS syndrome, or restless legs, manifesting as numbness, tingling, and uncontrollable, uncontrollable leg movements.
In addition, ChiliPad prevents dust from settling on the bed, eliminates dust mites, a frequent cause of allergies, and can also be considered an effective air conditioning system, especially useful in the summer heat. The effectiveness of the device is confirmed by the well-deserved positive reviews it enjoys among a constantly growing number of users, one of which we will take the liberty of quoting:
“For years I suffered from insomnia, at night I either sweated from the heat or shook from the cold. I had myself examined thoroughly and was found to have no disease, it turned out that these were symptoms of menopause. My husband found the ChiliPad on the internet, installed it on my side of the bed and now I can either heat or cool myself according to my needs. For me it is a revelation and I recommend it to everyone. – Alicja, 46.
The specialists in the treatment of sleep disorders are also of a similar opinion, pointing out precisely as one of their causes the incorrectly set temperature in the bedroom. Therefore, it is worth adjusting it once and for all by purchasing the ChiliPad, and you can learn more about the device’s technical parameters and its price by visiting the manufacturer’s website .